Oak Fireplace Beams – Highest Quality, Best Value Mantels (Planed and Sanded)
£78.98 – £698.35
- Highest quality, handcrafted oak fireplace beam for mantelpieces or lintels – Air-Dried
- Perfect for living rooms above your log burner or kitchens above your cooker
Price includes brackets, a pot of your choice of coloured/protective oil and shipping to mainland UK. Highlands and Islands will receive a small surcharge to cover increased shipping costs
Current lead time approx. 5-8 working days.
Planed and Sanded for the perfect finish:
Celtic Timber is the UK’s leading supplier in the sale of oak beams for fireplaces, fire surrounds and mantles. Our beams are handcrafted by our team on-site in order to make the perfect oak fireplace or oak mantelpiece for your home. Ideal for oak beam kitchen lintels as well as fireplace beams.
Our solid oak beam range of fireplaces and mantelpieces have each been handworked and are available air-dried in a variety of sizes and finishes.
- Note: If you have chosen a ‘Lightly Worked’ or a ‘Heavily Worked’ beam from the above choices, unless specified in the ‘Order Notes’ upon checking out, we will work the largest beam face. Please state in the order notes section if you have a specific requirement or want the beam a different way. if you are not sure of the difference between the finishes, please watch our video at the bottom of the page.
- If you are looking for a custom size beam, please order the size above what you require and specify your chosen size in the ‘Order Notes’ section of the checkout. We will ensure that it is planed to your specific required dimensions.
- The cross-section sizes listed are starting sizes and will reduce by up to 20mm on each face after being planed and sanded so you may wish to order the next size up to allow for this.
- Please refer to imperial sizes (inches and feet) for accurate lengths and cross-sections. Metric dimensions provide an approximate translation.
Please take note of the following before purchasing:
Oak is a natural product and therefore each individual piece will be different in appearance and will vary slightly in colour and grain. Our character grade beams may well already contain knots, surface cracks, pinholes and waney edges and cracks would be expected to develop further once they acclimatise to a new environment after purchase. Although our beams are air-dried, it also is not unusual for the oak to develop further shrinkage and movement as it continues to dry and adjust to your property’s temperature. If your beam is going to go above a fire, log burner, fire or intense heat, we recommend that the heat should be gradually increased over a period of a week or more if possible.
All of our oak is PEFC certified, meaning that it is sustainably sourced, and the forest management is environmentally appropriate, economically viable and socially beneficial management for present and future generations.
Please ensure that your beam is taken out of its wrapping immediately after receiving the delivery to allow it to breathe and adjust.
We do not pre-drill beams as customers will need to ensure that fixings are secured to the wall are in the correct place.
Depending on your choice of beam size, we will send you straight brackets, T-Shape Brackets or keyhole brackets. Should you have a preference, please leave a note in the ‘Order Notes’ section of the checkout when purchasing your oak beam.
See our image gallery for a representation of how the different coloured oils will look on your oak beam. Please bear in mind that the grain and colour of each piece of wood is different so this is a rough guide only.
If you are looking for a bespoke size beam, please order the size above what you require and specify your chosen size in the ‘Order Notes’ section of the checkout.
Planed and Sanded for the perfect finish.
Want to know the difference between contemporary, lightly worked and heavily worked beams or what size and colour you think would suit you? This video will walk you through some of the examples – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeRczKSS2q0
Competition Terms & Conditions
Did someone say free beam?
To enter your beam into our monthly competition, all you have to do is:
1: Take the best photo you can of your beautiful, installed and finished beam
2: Email your picture to [email protected]
In the case of the winner ordering multiple beams, for example as part of a fire surround, the cheapest beam will be refunded
Every month we will publish a post with all of the pictures – the one with the most ‘likes’ or reactions will be named the winner and will receive a full refund for the beam!
*Celtic Timber reserve the right to choose the winner at their own discretion or decide tie-breakers
By entering your pictures into the competition you are allowing Celtic Timber use of the images for marketing purposes. In the case of the winner ordering multiple beams, for example as part of a fire surround, the cheapest beam will be refunded. Competitions generally run for one week but we withhold the right to make them shorter or longer depending on bank holidays etc. The cost of delivery (£16) will be taken out of the refund amount. All likes must originate from the UK. We have the right to discount likes or disqualify any entries that contain high volumes of likes from incomplete/fake profiles that originate from outside of the UK.
Celtic Timber is a trading style of Plumstone Trading LTD
Keep an eye out for our post at the start of the following month with all of the competition entries.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.